To contribute towards the enhancement of the quality of life and promote healthy and active lifestyles among Dominicans of all ages through the provision of quality and appropriate facilities, programmes and services in the area of physical education, sports and physical recreation.
A respected institution adequately staffed and equipped and supported by appropriate legislation providing leadership that contributes to the enhancement of acceptable societal values through quality physical education, sports and physical recreation.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Serve as the principal agency for giving effect to Government’s Policies on sport
- Facilitate community sport development
- Promote participation in sport for personal development and for the benefit of society
- Organise and conduct sport programmes (training, tournaments) for school based youth
- Collaborate with National Sports Associations on a variety of sporting programmes
- Host Annual Schools and the National Sports Awards functions
- Partner with the Division of Education in the promotion and implementation of physical education and sport in schools
- Collaborate with relevant Government agencies on sport facility development and maintenance works
For more information on the Sports Division, visit their website at http://www.dasportsdivision.com/.